Effective Date: May 2018
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect information directly from users, such as when they sign up to receive updates from us. We also collect certain information automatically through your use of our Site.
Information You Provide
We collect information that you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. We collect information from you when you request information or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site, but may include: full name, email address, occupation and any other information that you choose to provide.
What about Children on our Sites?
Our Site is not designed for persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information, including personal information, alone or in combination with other information that we may collect about you, for the following purposes that we consider in our legitimate interests:
- To allow you to subscribe to our blog notifications.
- To communicate with you (via email), such as to respond to your requests/inquiries.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to maintain, support, and improve our Site, to respond to user preferences, and for research and analytical purposes.
- Where permitted, for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, in accordance with applicable law and with your consent, we will use your email address to send you news and newsletters and to contact you about products or information (offered by us) we think may interest you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time as noted below.
- We may share your information in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us with respect to the Site or your use thereof.
Does the Company Share the Information It Collects About You?
We may share the information that we collect about you, with third parties worldwide, as follows:
- Service Providers/Agents. We may disclose your information to third parties, including service providers, independent contractors, and affiliates that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: analyzing data, analytics companies who collect browsing information and profiling information, recruitment, our own marketing and promotional purposes. We will only provide these entities with the information necessary for them to perform these services and functions on our behalf. These entities are contractually required to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We also may share your information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. You will have the opportunity to opt out of any such transfer if, in our discretion, it will result in the handling of your information in a way that differs materially from this Policy.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
How Do We Use Third Party Analytics and Tracking?
Please note that on this Site, Google Analytics code is supplemented by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
What About Third-Party Links?
How Secure is My Personal Information?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in accordance with industry practice and applicable laws. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Site, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
Can I Access, Update, Correct, or Delete My Personal Information?
You have the right to view, correct and delete the personal information that we hold about you.
As permitted by applicable law, we may retain changed or deleted information for archival purposes. If you wish to view, correct or delete your personal information please contact us at: email@example.com.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
You may choose to opt-out from our mailing list and our blog updates. To opt-out, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or choose to unsubscribe by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link from the email we may send to you.
Will You Transfer My Information Outside of My Home Country?
We may transfer certain information outside to other countries in which the Company has an office, including to the United States, which may not have an equivalent level of data protection as in your home country. However, please rest assured that we implement all the necessary and appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information. Your data also may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals in accordance with the laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
With respect to your personal information, you have the right to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your personal information;
- request corrections of your personal information if such personal information proves inaccurate or incomplete;
- request your personal information to be deleted (i) if it is no longer necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, (ii) should you decide to withdraw your consent where you gave it, (iii) should you identify that it would have been unlawfully processed, (iv) should we be under a legal obligation to erase it to comply with EU law or the law of an EU country and always provided we are not under a legal obligation to keep it;
- restrict the processing of your personal information (i) if you contest its accuracy; (ii) if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure; (iii) if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out in this Policy but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (iv) if you object to profiling;
- receive personal information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another provider provided it is processed based on your consent or our contract;
- lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
Your web browser or mobile device may also provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device provides specific categories of information (for example geolocation data or cookies use). Be aware of these tools.
How Long Does the Company Retain my Information?
The data is only kept for the time necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. You have the right to request deleting the personal information that we hold about you at any time.
How do I get in touch with the Company?
You may contact us with any questions or comments, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or by contacting you at the email address on file.