Regulatory Affairs Manager
About The Position
Zebra Medical Vision has set out on a mission to help hundreds of millions of people receive access to fast, accurate medical diagnosis, by teaching computers to read and diagnose medical imaging data.
The Zebra Regulation team is responsible for the global registration and regulatory approvals of Zebra’s products.
If you’re a results-driven Regulatory Manager looking to make a difference in the world, join us !
As a Regulatory Affairs Manager you'll play a vital link between Zebra Medical Vision and different regulatory authorities, You will ensure that our products are developed and distributed in compliance with appropriate legislation.
This is a huge opportunity to get in at a very interesting phase of the product, and make a significant impact - while working as part of a professional team in an environment which fosters innovation, independence, responsibility and keeps the customer in mind at all times.
As the Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will be accountable for the development and implementation of all products regulatory strategy and for ensuring that the strategy is designed to deliver a rapid approval with advantageous labeling in keeping with the properties of the products and the needs identified by the business, markets and patients.
- Planning, undertaking and overseeing product/clinical trials and regulatory inspections
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines
- Offering advice about company policies, practices and systems
- Liaising and negotiating with regulatory authorities
- Ensuring that quality standards are met and submissions meet strict deadlines
- Investigate product complaints and prepare documentation and submissions to appropriate regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Coordinate successful submissions and approval of all applications
- Manage a small team of regulatory affairs specialists
- 10+ years of experience at medical device industry, in a regulatory affairs position
- 5 plus years managerial/supervisory experience, with 2 or more direct reports.
- Overall understanding of global medical device regulations and direct experience with the following types of submissions associated with US and EU: Class II Medical Devices: 510(k) - must. IDE, PMA HDE, EU Design Dossiers - advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge of medical device products.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant medical procedures, practices, terminology, and products.
- Proficient knowledge of clinical trial strategy, study design and sponsor reporting requirements.
- Fluent English, oral and written
- Proven leadership and project management experience.
- Ability to think strategically and critically evaluate risks to regulatory activities.
- Successful contribution to a major regulatory approval at a global or regional level.
- Must demonstrate competencies of: strategic thinking, strategic influencing, innovation, initiative, leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and ability to appropriately assess risks and formulate risk-management strategies, including taking “the big picture” view on various options
- Team-player, able to positively influence team members at all levels with an entrepreneurial “can do” attitude
- Proactive, quick learner and independent worker able to effectively multi-task in a high pressure environment and follow issues through to conclusion
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in a scientific or technical discipline.