Senior Backend Engineer
About The Position
Zebra has set out on a mission to help hundreds of millions of people gain access to fast, accurate medical diagnosis, by teaching computers to read and diagnose medical imaging data.
The Zebra Applications team owns the Imaging Analytics Engine - a large scale distributed system, which runs either in the cloud or on premise, ingests and analyzes huge amounts of medical images with our advanced deep learning algorithms in near real time.
The system is designed in a microservice architecture using Docker, Node.js, Python, Redis, Postgres and ELK stack in the backend with Angular & Electron in the frontend.
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to help us take our infrastructure to the next level - starting from adopting CI/CD and code quality best practices, to scaling our system into a large multi-tenant infrastructure.
This is a huge challenge and an opportunity to get in at a very interesting phase of the product, and make a significant impact - while working as part of a young and fun team in an environment which fosters innovation, independence, responsibility and keeps the customer in mind at all times.
- Plan, design and develop complex backend features
- Own microservices end-to-end
- Adopt and refine CI/CD and other engineering quality best practices
- Redesign, test and scale bottlenecks to enable us to reach X50 scale
- Design features and integrate with tools to improve observability and operational excellence
- Work closely with devops, other engineers, algorithm developers and professional services to ensure features meet customer needs
- Troubleshoot customer issues, provide quick and thorough solutions
- 4+ years in backend development on distributed, scalable system, preferably SaaS
- 2+ years in leading complex features, potentially as a technical lead in a team.
- 4+ years experience in Linux
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with solving high load challenges
- Passion for technology and modern software engineering practices (including reading about technology outside of work)
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced startup environment
- Self driven, communicative, and fun to work with!
- Node.js & Python - very strong advantage
- CI/CD experience - very strong advantage
- Docker, cluster schedulers (Mesos/Kubernetes/Swarm) - very strong advantage
- Devops experience, ideally in cloud environment - strong advantage
- ELK, Queuing and monitoring infra - strong advantage
- Machine learning background/understanding - advantage